Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baking Over Boys

Lately, I find myself daydreaming about sweets more than boys. My search for the most perfect, moist, chewy, fudgy brownie has overcome my search for the most cutest boy. And my craving for deep intellectual talks with oh-so-pretty guys has been conquered by a craving for a taste of the most decadent chocolate chip cookie - crispy around the edges, chewy on the inside and fresh from the oven.
What's wrong with me? I think the kitchen has taken over my life! I don't think I mind though. A rich, creamy slice of dulce de leche cheesecake will never disappoint you, but a cute boy surely will. I've been devoting so much of my time in the kitchen, and when I'm not baking, I'm Tastespotting or Foodgawking. In class, when I'm bored (which is quite often), I'm dreaming about new recipes that I'm gonna try or jotting down ideas on how to improve old ones. I think I go shopping multiple times a week buying the same old things - butter, sugar, flour and chocolate. And whenever I buy bananas, I purposely let them go bad so that I can incorporate them into a muffin or cake.
There's been so may occasions that call for baking lately. First, I started baking for my classes every week. Then, Lilly got a huge 106 oz can of pumpkin! So we had to think of ways to use it up before it went bad. And now I've volunteered my services for the Applied Psychology Bake Sale. My oven is constantly on and it gets so hot in my apartment now, but I really don't mind. Even in this perfect weather, I'm much happier cooped up inside making something delicious to eat =)

No more boys for me (for the meantime). I just want cookies =)

No comments:

Post a Comment