Friday, October 16, 2009

Lemon Crisps(??)


So the other day, me and my roommate both had an intense craving for something sweet. We didn’t have chocolate to make chocolate chip cookies or brownies, but we did have all the ingredients for these very simple Lemon Crisps. I saw the picture for the recipe on Tastespotting and I just could not resist. The photo was so cute. The recipe is from Whisk Kid. She calls them Crisps, but I feel like they only stayed crisp for a little while. They were crispy around the edges and soft in the middle. I think they tasted better the next day though because, although they lost the crisp, they got a lot chewier. My roommates devoured them HELLA FAST!
They are topped with a delicious lemon icing, making the cookies twice as lemony! I piped the icing onto the cookies using a Ziploc bag but you can just drizzle for a more free form look! Feel free to add more zest or juice if you like your cookies extra tart, I know I do! The sweetness of the icing balances it out=)

For the cookies (courtesy of Whisk Kid)


1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
¾ c sugar
1 egg, room temp
1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice (I just used the juice of half a lemon)
1 ½ Tbsp lemon zest (I used the zest from the whole lemon)
½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ c flour
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the egg, juice, zest and vanilla. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Drop by rounded tbsps onto lined baking sheets and bake 10-12 min until lightly golden around edges. Let cool on sheets one minute before placing on racks to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen.

Lemon Icing

1 c icing sugar
4-6 Tbsp lemon juice
Just beat together and drizzle over cooled cookies!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment