Monday, July 20, 2009

Plum Iced Tea!

Anyone who knows me has heard me talk about my bitchy sister-in-law at least once! Me and her really do not get a long and I honestly think my brother would be much better off without her. With that said, I do appreciate all the fruit she gives us from the trees growing in their backyard. It's plum season and she just dropped off two huge ass bags of plums! What the heck am I supposed to do with all of them, I wondered. The answer I came up with: Plum juice, mixed with Iced Tea. It's a perfect summer drink that's cool, refreshing and not too sweet. It also looks really pretty in the glass too! This recipe can work for almost any juicy fruit that you need to get rid of! I predict 3 big bags of apricots coming my way soon....



Recipe for Plum Iced Tea:
- Juicy Plums
- Lipton Iced Tea
- Simple Syrup

I first made the syrup by mixing in equal parts of water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolved. Do this first so that the syrup will have time to cool.

Next, remove the pit from the plums and place them in a blender. You can either cut the plums and then take the pit out, or just squeeze them until it comes out(this way is much much faster).
Blend up the plums with a little water to loosen it up and strain through a sieve to get rid of the skin.
Brew your ice tea (I used Lipton Cold Brew because I didn't want to wait for it to cool)
Mix everything together along with your syrup until the sweetness is to your liking. Garnish with a mint leaf and enjoy=)

No comments:

Post a Comment