Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shopping Spree:)

I would like to think that I'm very good with money. I try not to buy things I don't need and I rarely go out to eat... but I have a weakness for baking/cooking supplies. I only spend my money on food and food related things - and since I've started working, I always have money from tips I made in my pocket which makes me want to buy things. So I splurged on a couple of things a few days ago which I couldn't be happier with:)

1) A Bright Pink Pure Komachi 2 8 Inch Chef's KnifeThis knife is so girly, I know - but I couldn't resist! And I didn't buy it solely based on the color. It's a super thin and sharp blade made of high carbon stainless steel and it feels really light in my hand. I've been looking for a knife for a while and this seemed to be the perfect choice.

2) A Victorinox Fibrox 8 Inch Chef's Knife

I was debating between getting the pink knife or this one so I bought the pink one for myself and this one for my daddy for Father's Day. Lilly has this knife and I love it. It's lightweight and super sharp as well and chopping onions just seems so much more satisfying with it:)

3) The Sweet Spot:Asian Inspired Desserts by Pichet Ong & Genevieve Ko

I've already bookmarked a bunch of recipes in this book and I've made the Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies which turned out great!! I'm definitely going to use this book to cook for family parties because they don't like super tooth-achingly sweet American desserts.

4) Ready For Dessert: My Best Recipes by David Lebovitz
Smitten Kitchen loves David Lebovitz. I love Smitten Kitchen. And therefore I love David Lebovitz. The recipes in here look great too, I wish there were more pictures though. I like David's philosophy on baking - that it should taste great without the addition of necessary adornments or fussy frostings, because I can't decorate!! So everything I make is labeled "rustic" so it doesn't have to look pretty:)
So expect a lot of recipes from these two books, and pictures of me posing with my knife(hehe jk that's a little creepy right??)

But even after this splurge I still have a Lust List which includes:
A Bundt Pan
A new 12x17 Baking sheet because Steven lost mine T_T
A 9 inch Springform Pan so I can make cheesecakes!
Ramekins for souffles
Baked:New Frontiers in Baking
A Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (which I cannot justify purchasing right now because of its excessive pricetag and the lack of money in my bank account)

I guess I better start working for those tips if I wanna make all these purchases right?? Come visit Sweet Retreat and tip me!! And then tell the manager how great I am so he can give me more hours:)

No comments:

Post a Comment