Sunday, November 1, 2009

How to Roast Peppers (Like a Badass)

I reallly love having a gas stove! Back at home, we have an electric one, so whenever a recipe calls for roasting something, I have to do it in my crappy oven - which never gets it right! So, when I'm in new york, I loveee roasting vegetables. It's fun because we do it like we're standing over a campire. I used wooden chopsticks to roast them, but skewers work too! Or tongs (but that's a luxury I can't afford) Don't try doing it with forks though, unless you want to throw them out after you're done!

1. First, start off with some beautiful sweet peppers. I got a whole box of these for $2 from the vegetable man on the corner of 14th and University=)

2.Impale a pepper on your roasting utensil of choice (Chopstick, skewer, tong)

3. Roast it into oblivion! Or until the skin turns completely black - about 5 minutes.

4. Hot box them in a plastic bag to let the skin steam a bit!

5. Peel off the blackened skin, rinse off the excess particles under the sink.

6. And you're done! You can toss them into salads or make a soup! Whatever you want=)

And now you're officially a badass!

1 comment:

  1. Justin Toy (Jeffrey's Boyfriend)December 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM

    LOL I roast peppers on chop sticks too! except i use saran wrap post roasting. I will try a bag next time. thanks thuy!

    ReplyDelete